Sunday, January 10, 2016

Update!

I'm back!!!!

One of my new year resolutions is to get back into blogging. I really feel like I need a spot to get my thoughts out. We are now at the one year mark of being back at the RE trying to have another child and we are not any closer to having a baby then we were back in January 2015. Some days I am ok with that. Some days I am able to say how lucky we are to have Kathryn and that's all we need. And while I am thankful for Kathryn everyday and she is my greatest joy there are days that I feel something is missing, and I feel that heartbreak.

Since my last post we did 6 more IUI's. We had some skipped cycles in there because of a cyst and being out of town. Our last cycle was in October and it was a perfect cycle on paper and by far my best one this go round. Great response to meds, great sperm counts, we even had the IUI on Kathryn's birthday. Nada! We are coming to the point were we need to say our best chance is with IVF, but we just can not afford IVF. We have some infertility coverage but IVF is not covered at all. Our cycle in October was the first time we used Fermera and the response was great. I think when we can go back to the RE which looks to be in March I will try to do another cycle with Fermera. Brett has been traveling like crazy for work which has put us on a forced break. He was gone 2 weeks in November, 3 weeks in December and will be gone the last week of January and may be gone some in February. It's hard to cycle when the sperm is in Texas.

So that's where we are in our TTC journey. I am going to try to get back into a low carb diet to lose a few pounds before we go back to the RE, the holidays were not kind to my hips (and butt, and stomach, and everywhere else). I will try to add some of that to this blog as a way to have some accountability for myself.

See ya soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment